Rob Wallis is a poet living in Central Victoria, Australia.
His poems have appeared in various magazines and anthologies in Australia and overseas. He has won the FAW John Shaw Neilson Poetry Award, the MPU's International Poetry Competition Martin Downey Urban Realism Prize twice, the Castlemaine Poetry Competition and was short listed for the Fish Publishing International Poetry Competition (Dublin) and the Bridport Prize(UK).
His fifth collection of poetry, 'Caught Jesting', was published recently by Birdfish Books.
When not writing poetry, Rob enjoys gardening, classical music, bridge, walking and table tennis.
R O B W A L L I S P O E T R Y
A B O U T R O B
Snow White dipped
her apple into cyanide
took a bite
From 'Alan Turing'
(An Elegant Sufficiency)
1.'The Hours Alone' Won the MPU International Poetry Competition's Martin Downey Urban Realism Prize, 2018
2.'When We Were Alive' shortlisted, Martha Richardson Memorial Poetry Prize, 2018.
3. 'Bed Time' Long Listed, Fish Publishing International Poetry Competition, Dublin, 2018
4. 'When We Were Alive' Commended Woorila Poetry Competition, 2018
5. 'Offshore Poet', 'This Body' published in The Mozzie, 2018
6. 'After The Trash, Treasure' won Third Prize in the Glen Phillips Poetry Prize, 2017
7. 'Light Rising Commended in the Glen Phillips Poetry Prize, 2017
8. 'Babe', published in the anthology 'Grieve', Vol.5. Hunter Writers Centre, 2017.
9. 'The Cocktail Hour', shortlisted, Bridport Prize(UK), 2017.
10. 'The Hours Alone', shortlisted, Fish Publishing International Poetry Competition, 2017.
11. 'Mrs Ned Kelly', published in The Mozzie, 2017.
12. 'Vulcanology', published in The Mozzie, 2017.
13. 'Five Tenggals', published in The Mozzie, 2017.
14. 'I'm getting a Tattoo', published in The Mozzie, 2017.
15. 'Real Men', and 'Selling the Poetry Product', published in The Mozzie, 2017.
16. '7', published in The Mozzie, 2017.